Saint George the Martyr is a traditional Anglican-Catholic parish worshipping in Simpsonville, SC. We use the 1928 American Book of Common Prayer along with the American Missal for all our worship, including our Eucharistic liturgies each Sunday morning at 8:30AM, 11 AM and Wednesday at noon.
We are a traditional, biblical, and apostolic church, reveling in the rich and reverent heritage of the historic English Church. Saint George’s is a parish in the Diocese of the Eastern United States of the Anglican Province of America. Our presiding bishop is the Most Reverend Chandler “Chad” Jones and our cathedral is in Dunwoody, Georgia.
Special Lent and Holy Week Schedule
- Sundays, 10:00 AM, An Examination of Conscience – Sunday School Course
- Fridays at 3:00 PM, Evening Prayer and Stations of the Cross
- March 19, Rose Sunday, 4:00 PM, Exultate! Voice Recital and Reception
- Holy Week
- April 2, 8:30 and 11:00 AM, Palm Sunday: Procession and Eucharist
- April 3, 12:00 PM, Monday before Easter: Eucharist
- April 4, 12:00 PM, Tuesday before Easter: Eucharist
- April 5, 12:00 PM, Wednesday before Easter: Eucharist
- April 6, 7:00 PM, Maundy Thursday: Eucharist and stripping of the Altar
- April 7, 12:00 PM, Good Friday: Three Hours Devotion
- April 7, 7:00 PM, Good Friday: Stations of the Cross and Tenebrae
- April 8, 8:00 PM, Holy Saturday: Easter Even Eucharist
A Welcome from the Rector
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, welcome to The Anglican Church of Saint George the Martyr! I am glad that you have found us, and I hope that you benefit from what you find here on our website. You may see live and recorded services, hear or subscribe to podcasted sermon and class audio, or watch video explanations of our Anglican tradition. But the Christian life is not fed by websites alone! For those who are ready, or for those who have been searching for the deeply rooted and reverent Christian worship of the Anglo-Catholic tradition in the upstate of South Carolina, I pray that you will soon be able to visit our parish here in Simpsonville.
Fr. Paul Rivard – Rector
Regular Sunday Worship Schedule
Early Service – 8:30 AM
The first Holy Eucharist each Sunday is a peaceful hour long spoken liturgy of Word and Sacrament for those drawn to contemplative silence.
Christian Education – 10 AM
Sunday School for adults and children offers a variety of courses taught by clergy and devoted lay instructors through fall and spring semesters. The first Sunday of ever month features Sung Morning Prayer instead of classes.
Late Service – 11:00 AM
The second Holy Eucharist liturgy involves the full voice of the Church in song and hymnody with choir and organ and chant. The first Sunday of the month includes the use of incense.
I love the beauty and reverence of the worship services that emphasize Scripture and traditional liturgy.